Well, here it is, February 13th! One day before Valentine’s Day!
Now every year of my married life I start thinking about Valentine’s Day in mid-January. That’s all I do, think about it. Seriously, every year I found myself in a panic the night before Valentine’s Day planning for the following morning. If you find yourself in this predicament here are 10 quick tips that made this a special day for our family.
- Decorate your table for breakfast. Make confetti with shredded red and white paper. Add a little shredded aluminum foil for some sparkle. Toss this all over the table.
- Cut red, or pink hearts for placements or just toss them randomly on the table.
- If you have white paper napkins, just make polka dots or small red hearts on the napkins with a red marker.
- Pink milk is as must! Just add a drop or two of red food coloring in the milk and either serve it as a drink or use it on their cereal.
- If you are making pancakes, waffles, toast or lunch sandwiches cut them in to heart shapes. Red strawberry jam was a hit around our house.
- Add a couple of construction paper hearts to their lunch boxes and you may even have a couple of red Hershey kisses left from Christmas to add. Make sure to add s special “love note”.
- Make spaghetti and meatballs (red sauce) and salad for dinner. A cake with pink icing was the dessert. I always seemed to have the dessert the ingredients for that in the pantry
- Scrounge around the house for red or white balloons. Just tie them together and let them hang from a light fixture. No need for fancy helium ones. If you can only find white ones, decorate with a red marker.
- No time to buy a valentine? Make your own special valentine for your children and hubby. You can use ANYTHING!!!! I used to make oversized ones with poster board and construction paper hearts and markers. The kids LOVED them. It got to be a tradition that we continued through high school and into college days.
- Most important, is to remember that family love is the best love. So, start looking around your house, gather any red scarves, jewelry, candles, construction paper, etc. Have fun and spread the love!!!!