Beware: This was also created on the Coffee-High, long nap day!!
Time for some fall flavored Play Dough!!
It smells so good, you can't blame your child for wanting to taste it! Ha!
I saw a yummy Pumpkin Spice Play Dough picture on Pinterest.
And it didn't look like this. Mine didn't turn out so nice.
It was too globby at first. So not my favorite recipe.
But hey, after a little kneading, it was fine.
My suggestion for a recipe is:
Use Red and Yellow food coloring. LOTS of it.
Then add 3 Tbs. of Pumpkin Pie Spice OR Cinnamon.
Changing out the COLOR and SMELL of your play dough add a new dimension to their Sensory Learning!
- Play with them. They will learn by watching you!
- Let them explore on their own too.
- Mimic what they do with the play dough. It will affirm their exploration.
- Talk to your kiddo about the new color and smell. Great way to naturally have a Color Lesson!
- See if they can roll it into a "snake" or a "ball." This is skill they have to build up to!! (Note: The play dough above was NOT rolled by Carter.)
Now, I need a Pumpkin Spice Latte! Adios!